This recipe is a little different to most meringue recipes and that's all thanks to Natura Sugars Muscovado Sugar!
What you will need
- Preheat the oven to 130°C (110°C if your oven is fan-forced). Line two standard baking trays with baking paper or silicone baking mats.
- Place the golden caster sugarin a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 2 minutes or until hot to the touch.
- Place the egg whites in the bowl of a stand mixer and whisk until soft peak stage. Carefully spoon the hot sugarinto the egg whites as you
- whisk, beating for 7-8 minutes until the mix is completely cold.
- The meringue should be very thick, glossy and form stiff peaks when the beateris lifted.
- Lowerthe speed and add the Natura Sugars Muscovado Sugar gradually.
- Beat until the sugar has dissolved completely.
- Drop large spoonfuls of the meringue onto the prepared baking trays.
- Sprinkle the meringues with a little extra muscovado sugar.
- Bake for 2-2 ½ hours or until the meringues are crisp but still marshmallowy on the inside.
TIP: You can check that they’re done by lifting one off the tray, the outside should be crunchy and hard with a slightly soft center.
Recipe by Katelyn Allegra